Good day to you fellow readers and bloggers. Today I want to try something different as I am a huge Lego Fan, particularly Star Wars. Yes I know, expensive taste.
Anyhow, I always wanted to review sets like one of my favorite youtubers (Jangbricks) does, yet I do not have the equipment he does so I want to write reviews instead and maybe one day I get to review those for a living on video? 😀
I will focus on the look, size, play-features and figures which are the points that are the most important to me when buying a set.
Enough babbling, today I want to start with a set that has been in my eyes for a long time…drum roll please…the Ghost from the Star Wars rebels tv show and its baby, the Phantom.
As this is a first try I will start with the Phantom. Here are quick facts.
- Comes with Ezra and Chopper
- Retailed at around $25/€25 though as it is retired it is hard to find it at that price.
- About 11 cents per piece
- Combines with the Lego Star Wars Ghost
- 234 Pieces
|The Phantom from the Show (taken from the Wiki)|
It looks rather small when you look at the box yet once you actually get to build it it feels much bigger. Non the less it is still a small set.
Now id like to take a look at everything you can take off and open without any troubles.
As you can see the back part with the storage compartments and wings detaches completely which was a surprise to me when building this as this adds much to the size of the set. Also the fact that the cockpit can be detached enhances the play feature as it can be seen as an escape pod.
- You can fit one mini figure in the Cockpit and one droid in the back compartment, so lets look at this from another angle.
- The roof of the back comes off to fit in chopper, the roof also has a hatch on it to cover another storage in the back.
- It certainly looks close the the Show
- It nice and handy for playing
- Comes with two figures which look nice
- The price was okay, It is normal now that LSW sets cost more than others
- Overall id give it a 8/10